I have awards! And I'm not afraid to use 'em...
First up, the Superior Scribbler award from Jessica at Shut Up! I'm Reading. Thanks Jessica! I love that the scribbler in the picture is a lefty like me. Here's the rules:
1. Each Superior Scribbler, must in turn, pass the Award on to 5 most-deserving bloggy buds.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and name of the blog from whom he/she has received the Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display the Award on his/her blog and link to this post which explains the Award.
Here's my five:
Jo @ Once Upon a Bookcase
Becky @ The Bookette
Jenny @ Wondrous Reads
Sophie @ So Many Books, So Little Time
Sammee @ I Want To Read That
You may notice there's a UK theme going on there. Well, what can I say? These are all shining examples of why Brit bloggers rock.
Next, this is the Honest Scrap award. It is for those bloggers who write from the heart. The rules are to pass it along to seven bloggers and then list 10 honest things about yourself.
I got this one four times in the last week or so, from Becky at The Bookette, Arielle at B.A.M. Book Reviews, Jo at Once Upon a Bookcase and Pixie at Page Turners. I am thrilled about that, because it represents something I definitely aspire to.
I would like to pass this award to:
Aimee @ My Fluttering Heart
Steph Su @ Steph Su Reads
Juju @ Tales of Whimsy
Brizmus @ Brizmus Blogs Books
Rhiannon Hart @ well, herself
Ceri @ Not In The Pink
Katie @ Read What You Know
I'm sure some of you have been awarded this one already, but if you have, well, I want you to have it from me.
Now, on to the ten honest things about myself...
1) I may be addicted to buying books. Blogging has made it worse, but I don't want to stop.
2) Secretly, I think I'm like a female version of Chandler from Friends. People who know me think I'm Rachel. That hurts.
3) My favourite movies ever are The Hunger, and the LiLo version of The Parent Trap.
4) I love being left-handed. When I encounter another lefty, I feel like I have a bond with them.
5) I'm addicted to trying chocolate bars and sweets that aren't generally available in UK. My favourites are peanut butter M&Ms, Violet Crumbles, Pocky, and musk flavoured Lifesavers.
6) I love amusement parks, and there's genuinely no rollercoaster too scary for me.
7) I have two Masters degrees, one in creative writing and one in modern literature.
8) I rule at Tetris. Seriously. I'm so good, I scare myself.
9) My sweetheart and I have matching tattoos of a swallow, tiny stars and cherry blossoms. Mine hurt like hell, but it is so cute.
10) If I think nobody can hear, I hum when I eat. Only if it's something good though.
Finally, I got the One Lovely Blog award from Adrienne at An Addicted Book Reader and also from Andrea of Buried In Books. Thank you so much, Adrienne and Andrea!
Here are the rules: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Okay, this is tricky. Why? Because I don't think I have 'newly discovered' fifteen blogs recently. So I am going to award this to the ones I have newly discovered, and add to it as I find more. These aren't necessarily new bloggers, but they're new(ish) to me...
Staysi @ Lost In Ink
Miss Cindy @ Simple Life and Reading
Carla @ The Crooked Shelf
Sara @ The Hiding Spot
Jessica @ Shut Up! I'm Reading
To be continued...