Here's what The Story Siren has to say about this one:
What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
- The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
This is my list so far:
1. Restoring Harmony - Joëlle Anthony
2. Birthmarked - Caragh M. O'Brien
3. Everlasting - Angie Frazier
4. Claire de Lune - Christine Johnson
5. Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins
6. The Line - Teri Hall
7. 13 to Life: A Werewolf's Tale - Shannon Delany
8. A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend - Emily Horner
9. The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
10. Nevermore - Kelly Creagh
11. The Naughty List - Suzanne Young
12. Whisper - Phoebe Kitanidis
I've picked twelve because that's one a month, which doesn't seem like a challenge at all... but since I'm in the UK it might take me a little longer than US bloggers to get hold of some of these. I'll probably double this list, maybe take out a few if the release dates change... but what I'm really hoping is to be able to read some debut British authors as part of this challenge. So I'll be on the lookout for those.
Sounds fun, right? If you're interested and by some miracle haven't signed up already, head on over to The Story Siren right here for more details.
Roll on 2010!