Here's the thing: I failed. Miserably. Although also happily, because after all... I got awards! I've had a few, and in the interest of spreading the blog love I'm going to pass on the most recent ones today.
Disclaimer: I know some of you will have had these already, or maybe you just don't do awards posts. That's fine and dandy. I love your blogs and just wanted to be sure you all got a mention.
First up, the Bodacious award. This one was passed on to me by the fantastic UK blogger behind Rhiana Reads. You should go check that one out.
The rules of this one are to list the last five books I read and pass the award on to five other bloggers. My last five books read are:
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
The Sky Always Hears Me And The Hills Don't Mind by Kirstin Cronn-Mills
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Rebel Girl by Carmen Reid
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
All pretty different, but all absolutely worth a look. I'm passing this one onto five bloggers who are definitely bodacious...
Steph of Steph Su Reads
Becky of The Bookette
Carla of The Crooked Shelf
Ari of Reading In Color
Jo at Once Upon a Bookcase
I also got the Beautiful Blogger Award from Caroline at Portrait of a Woman. Her blog rocks, she rocks, and if you don't know about blog yet you're missing out.
This award has more rules, but they're fun.
1. Thank and link to the person who gave you the award
2. Pass the award onto 15 bloggers you've recently discovered and think are fantastic
3. Contact said blogs and let them know they've won
4. State 7 things about yourself
Fifteen bloggers I've recently discovered is a tall order, since I'm pretty sure I follow nearly everyone in the YA blogosphere by now. So here's my picks for relatively-recent-and-fabulous:
Splendibird at Mountains of Instead
Kris at Voracious YAppetite
Little Miss Becky at Stories and Sweeties
Dwayne and Hannah at Girls Without A Bookshelf
Asamum at Asamum Reads
Robby at Once Upon A Book Blog
Seven random things about myself? Okay...
1. I didn't think I'd stick at blogging very long. I wanted to have a go at writing reviews, but I figured I'd keep it up for two months tops. Now, I wouldn't be without it.
2. My favourite flavour of crisps is salt and vinegar. They are the crisps of the gods, in my opinion.
3. I have magic powers. At least, I'm pretty sure I do. I'm just not sure what they are or exactly how they work yet. But I know that they're there.
4. Surprisingly, taking number 3 into account, I'm not completely nutso.
5. I love rollercoasters, but my favourite theme park attraction is the relatively tame It's A Small World at the Magic Kingdom. So cute.
6. I hate the way that on TV and in movies, giving a character an asthma inhaler is used as shorthand for them being an utter dweeb. Some cool people have asthma. I have asthma. (And I'm a geek, not a dweeb. There's a difference.)
7. Despite the fact I love the sun, my absolute favourite weather is electrical storms: thunder and lightning, the flashier and louder the better.
Some time ago, I got the Happy 101 award from the fantabulous Jo of Once Upon A Bookcase and Ink and Paper. The rules of this one are that I write a list of ten happy things and pass it on to ten bloggers.
My ten happy things...
1. Disneyworld. It really is the happiest place on Earth.
2. Expensive chocolate. No explanation needed.
3. New socks. Just a personal thing.
4. Being in love. There is something completely happy-making about knowing you have found the one and they actually love you back.
5. Glee. I didn't get it at first, but I sure do now.
6. Dystopia. Maybe you noticed that.
7. The beach. Love it!
8. Turning on the TV and discovering an episode of Friends I've never seen before.
9. My new bookshelves. Twelve entire shelves to fill with my YA collection. Yay!
10. When people leave nice comments on my blog. Now that, I love.
Now ten bloggers. I'm picking ones whose blogs make me happy here...
Everyone at Chicklish
Nina at J'Adore Happy Endings
Caroline at Portrait of a Woman
Sophie at So Many Books, So Little Time
Jenny at Wondrous Reads
Jenn at Book Crazy
Sasha at The Sweet Bonjour
Shweta at Book Journal
Donna at Bites
Thanks to everyone who has given me an award this year, and everyone who has given me a duplicate award. It's always lovely to be thought of!